Thursday, February 2, 2017

Too sweet from inside

Realization that I could scribble poems came 6 months post a master health checkup in 

April 2016 when the report indicated that I was too sweet from inside! My doc helped me 

get back into shape and I wrote a thank you note to her...

Your intervention last April
sent down my spine a shrill

Your prognosis for my condition
got my mind to recondition

You said I may need to go on insulin
That’s when the real issue sunk in

You prescribed minor medication
but put more emphasis on meditation

I blindly followed your advise
As I felt you are very wise

I stuck to the regime & went through the motion
Guess what, that gave me a promotion!

I also changed my lifestyle
That eventually helped to run 6.5 miles!

I was diagnosed with diabetes
That is now at ease.

©Balaji Palanidurai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...