Monday, February 11, 2019

Beauty of Goodwill

Image result for goodwill cartoon image










Fortunate you are to experience a goodwill
Culminate it does over time, not at will
Inherit though some do, sans a written will
Alas, acquire some do by passing a bill

Maintain it well, like it is your health
Sustain it will, like your wealth
Jealously it may create, at times in stealth
Seriously if taken, may plant thoughts of filth

Asset it is not, still worthy of a credit
Liability it becomes if not followed by a debit
Leverage it wisely, never misuse it
Else, erode it will - bit by bit

Intangible it can be on your balance sheet
Responsible if you are it will often repeat
Intention if there is to amass and cheat
Tension it creates and will soon deplete

Respect it well, so it becomes your legacy
Suspect none will or call it a fallacy
Adopt its heritage they will in infancy
Your goodwill, of all, will rein in supremacy

Fortunate you will be to experience goodwill
Accumulate it over time, never at will
Inherit if you did, do pass it on in your will
Acquire, never do, by passing a bill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
©Balaji Palanidurai
January has been busy with setting up my consulting business and working on my first client project. Preoccupied mind is not creative and I experienced it during his period - result there was no poem in Jan.

But, few events in my daily life and recent holiday in the East triggered something  - goodwill of  vendors that I meet who don't hesitate to top up my vegetable purchase with some greens or that extra couple of bananas when I buy a dozen.

I think about help my wife extends to our servant maid at times in kind and sometimes monetary - all in goodwill!

I also remember the incident when the AT&T lady topped up my phone card (free of cost) during our holiday in USA - actually their system was not able to recognize my UK post code and local post code was not matching with the credit card address! $10 just added.

Goodwill is such a good thing, so lets admire its beauty.

Pssst: I asked my 14 year old daughter to make me a cartoon for this poem and she did one. At first I could not relate to it. When she explained the story I realized she thinks deeper than me!!

Its a large family that buys some goodies. The last kid does not get a piece. So, the shopkeeper give her a piece out of goodwill!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...