Friday, December 28, 2018

Gin's Ode to his master


My master calls me good old Gin
Might be the effect of alochol
For, I love my coffee in sun
Filtered & light, with chicory et al

Woof, woof i love a mountain hike
Many he took me, when young
Aloof, we went on his motorbike
Memories on his wall, they are hung

Streets many we roamed in our city
Friends, a few, he made through me
Strays many we found, full of pity
Befriend many, I did through him

Coat & socks for my fur and skin
He looks after me, like next of kin
Bed and mattress for my comfort
His house, i guard like a king's fort

Fourteen years for a dog is history
How I survived illness is a mystery
I admire all efforts, for me,  he took
Umpteen years, i will live on facebook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is close to my heart. A good friend posted on facebook that his pet Gin (a good old Lab that has its own facebook album ) turned 14 that day and he had written a nice note appreciating their companionship.
As a dog owner myself I could completely relate to every word in that post and something in me said that I should write a poem for Gin and him. I soaked in the message in his post and mapped to the photo album to create a poem in my standard style of writing.

Outcome is the this Gin's ode to his master. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...