Monday, February 10, 2020

A weekend home dream



I feel content living in a city house
made of bricks and beams
I feel joyful thinking about a home
made of hopes and dreams

Some day I will take faith in that hope
and fuel a personal dream
To make it as my wish and scope
to settle in a home by a stream

Would it be on inherited slice of land
I lay the desired foundation?
Better would be on a acquired piece of land
So, I get a sense of satisfaction.

I will architect my beautiful dream
with sculpted pillars and tiles
I will paint walls with colors that scream
emotions, heard across miles

I will stack my books collection in a row
That will include works of legend
My antique pieces might raise an eyebrow
but my urge to collect would never end

I will plant an orchid and garden
for birds to nest and feed
I will secure the home with a warden
plus continuous image feed

When my dream becomes a reality
the wait will start, for weekends
To escape my dwelling in the city
for happiness, I wish never ends

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
© Balaji Palanidurai

I participated in Auroville Marathon 2020 and ran 10k. As the event was on a Sunday I decided to go the previous day itself. I stayed at a beautiful house that the owner had built with a lot of passion. Thanks to my friend Giri who secured that house for that weekend.

The moment our car pulled in front of the gate I realized we were in for a treat. Although, we were there just for a night stay we really enjoyed the calm and serene surrounding.

The experience rekindled the fire in me to build a nice weekend home, which would eventually become the place I settle. My desire and wish just flowed out as words in this narrative poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...