Thursday, March 2, 2023

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense
drummed the beat in a mother's heart
Let me be free and wean thru adolescence
echoed the beat in a teen's heart

Let me be part of your excitement and fun
danced the beat in a father's heart
Let that be between my friends pa! No pun
intended the beat in a teen's heart

Go win in a sport, but stay away from injury
hurdled a beat in a mother's heart
Let me just take part, don't care of the jury
raced many beats in a teen's heart

See from my shoulders, philosophy of life
preached the beat in a father's heart
Let's first get through our chemistry in life 
jammed the beat from a teen's heart

You can be a much better version of me
preached the beat in a mother's heart
I am my own version, just let me be me!
screeched the beat from a teen's heart

Be more social and active, it's a tough journey!
sounded the base beat in a father's heart
I have a million followers and that's my my company
reverberated the beat in a teen's heart

Dress up to look the prettiest of all, at parties
crooned the beat in a mother's heart
What's up with my hoodie and selfies?
hummed the beat in a teen's heart

We all make mistakes, let's start over again
pleaded the beat in parents heart
Ah, what did I do? Not in for this bargain
skipped the silent beat in a teen's heart

Gosh, time is flying! Did I miss a boat?
fluttered the beat in parents heart
Come, live in my castle sans a moat
wrapped the beat in a teen's heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Balaji Palanidurai

A teen anthem from the bottom of a parent's heart!

Dedicating this my children in their teens (at the time of publishing this poem)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...