Monday, August 21, 2017

The adjacent plot and sunset

I stand in our kitchen 
by the window facing west
Whenever I feel stricken 
or just to view the sunset

I gaze at the plot next to our building
square and sizable
To buy and build on it my own dwelling
wish I was able

It used to house a movie artists' studio
decorated and lively for some years
When he died of heart attack on his patio
vacated his family too in tears

It was up for sale 
for millions was the rumor in town
The story became stale 
when a dozer brought its roof down

I stand in our kitchen 
by the window facing west
Whenever I feel stricken 
or just to view the sunset

The barren plot now in symmetry 
looked bigger and beautiful
Coconuts trees on its periphery 
stretched taller and bountiful

One fine morning, a team with fillers 
descended from nowhere
With no sign or warning, ream of pillars
erected they did everywhere

Red bricks and concrete piled on quickly 
dwarfing my building by a floor
The new block will complete surely and shortly
Blocking my sighting for sure

Stand, i will, in our kitchen 
by the window facing west in future
Stand, it will, in memory 
that sunset viewing as a picture.

©Balaji Palanidurai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...