Sunday, October 15, 2017

Beauty of giving

I have made a few new friends
with good heart and soul
Giving for them never ends
as that makes them whole

In the day and age where virtual
charity is a style
Remote communities they choose
and go the extra mile

They share pictures of celebration
during visits with their team
Of men, women and children in jubilation
Beaming with pride and esteem

To read they give books in a pile
and to play there is a handmade toy
Their giving bring about relief and smile
Bond ir creates & camaraderie to enjoy

Happy with their bag of gifts
Stationary, beddings at times a dress
They share with family and guests
Gratitude most feel, a few unable to express

Their noble deeds for humanity
touch many a heart and soul
Through service above self & charity
transform lives they do...in whole!

©Balaji Palanidurai

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this in Oct 2020 when I got inducted into Rotary by a friend, philosopher and guide. 2 years on I am living this poem.

I updated a few lines based on my experience recently and dedicating it to Rotarian Mohan (from my chapter RC Chennai IT CITY) on his birthday - for his passion to give; both in cash & kind and for his tireless effort to make our giving sustainable and a lasting legacy!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The joy of giving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well articulated poem.
    The joy of giving- the example is Mr.Padmanaban.

    ReplyDelete

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...