Sunday, October 8, 2017

Moments before my inheritance

A quite saturday in October 2012, the date was six
Events over the course of the day had me into a fix

The man I looked up to was still and clam on his bed
Near and dear to him were standing around and spread

Long ordeal it was, which he fought through with patience
A value he knew, in minutes few, would be my inheritance

Time was ticking, the silence was deafening & feeling was of pity
His eyes kept watching his dear wife; signaling my responsibility

Images millions I could see in those eyes, along with a contented smile
Of his village house, the pond and ancestors, all stacked up in a pile

Was he in distress or in pain? How can I tell with hardly any sound or sign?
Atlast, he let out tears like raing drops  & a sigh of despair, yet benign!

He had led his life in public and private with virtue of honesty
A value that I would now inherit and adhere to in all earnesty

©Balaji Palanidurai

2 comments:

  1. An earnest account of what life can teach each one of us and bring about a paradigm shift in the way we see the world around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. If I may add,

      What we see is what we get,
      Depends on how we interpret!

      Delete

Paranteen beats

Let me into your teen, it makes sense drummed the beat in a mother's heart Let me be free and wean thru adolescence echoed the bea...